Requesting Certified Copies
To obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate, you must be either the person listed on the certificate or any of the following people:
- Adult brother / sister of the registrant
- Adult child of the registrant
- Either parent of the registrant listed on the certificate
- Legal representative of the registrant
- Registrant's legal guardian
- Spouse of the registrant
To receive a copy by mail, please mail a written request with the following information:
- Date of birth
- Mother's full name
- Father's full name
- Relationship to person on the certificate
- Copy of the driver's license for the person requesting the certificate
If you have any questions, please contact Probate Court at (706) 695-3812 or email Rhonda England or email Cintya Torres.
A valid ID must be presented at time of request. Fees for obtaining a certificate are $25 for the first copy and $5 for each additional copy requested at the same time on the same person. Payments can be made in the form of cash or money order. We also accept Visa or Mastercard with a service charge associated with the payment.