Click to Home
Click to Home
Go To Search
Additional Renewal Information
Name Changes
If you wish to have your name changed on your registration due to marriage or divorce, you must first apply for a new title. A name change requires that you appear in person with your original certificate of title and supporting certified legal documents (i.e., certified copy of the marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other similar legal documents). In the case of divorce, the divorce decree must give the year and make of the vehicle. If a vehicle is financed, only the security lien holder can change the name on the title.

Business / Enterprise
Registrations in the name of a business, corporation, or organization are due at the end of the business owner's designated registration month. Business registrations are determined by month according to the first letter of the company name as shown on the registration application.

Leased Vehicles
You must register during the 30-day period ending on the lessee's birthday, no more than 30 days prior to the lessee's birthday, and no later than the close of business on the lessee's birthday.

Contact Us
For additional information concerning tag renewals, please contact the tag office at (706) 517-1400.

P.O. Box 1129  |  Chatsworth, Georgia 30705  |  Ph: (706) 695-2413  |  Fx: (706) 695-8721