- Marriage license are issued Monday through Friday from 8:30a.m. to 4:00p.m. except for Tuesday hours are 12:00p.m. to 4:00p.m.
- If both parties are from Georgia or if one party is from Georgia you may obtain a license and marry anywhere within the state.
- If both parties are from out of state you must purchase the license in the county in which you plan to be married.
- Cost of the license are as follow:
- $26.00 with 6 hours of marriage counseling. Counseling can be obtained from a minister or arrangements can be made at Marriage is Forever website (certificate must be presented to the court at time license is applied for).
- $66.00 without marriage counseling
- Both parties must be 18 years or older
- Both applicants must be present
- Both applicants must have a valid state issued ID(drivers license, passport, & etc) and birth certificate
- Both applicants (if previously married) will need a copy of the final divorce decree with the Judges signature or if the previous spouse is decease then a copy of the death certificate.
- If either party is under the age of 18 then both parents must be present. Along with a certified copy of the minor birth certificate and a drivers license for each parent. If either parent is deceased then a certified copy of the death certificated is required. In the case of a divorce you will need to bring in a certified copy of the divorce decree showing the custody. The decree will be presented to the Judge for review and approval. If joint custody, both parents must sign.
- Absolutely no marriage license will be issued to anyone under the age of 16
All payments must be made in the form of cash or money order.
Certified copies of previously issued license are $10.00 each.